Thursday, June 23, 2016

No-More-Box Brownies - with video!

Over the weekend, we celebrated my youngest son's 18th birthday. He loves fishing, camping, and anything outdoors, so this dizzy broad had the bright idea of renting a pontoon boat at a nearby lake and taking the family out there for a few hours.


Our son brought a friend with him, and they had a blast swimming, since the fishing wasn't going that great. Eventually they got tired of the nearly 100 degree weather and hid out under the boat (who knew that was even a thing?) beating on the metal and making weird sounds to freak us out.



Anyway, one of the things these kids often request when their friends are over is that I make our family's homemade brownie recipe. Everyone has a favorite recipe, right? Years ago, I cut out of a magazine a brownie recipe that had more sugar than butter. How can you go wrong with that, right? I mean, sure, you can make boxed brownies, but why? From the first time I made these, my kids and I have been addicted!


Here's the video of me discussing some tips and tricks for the recipe, and here's the recipe and a few other links I mention in the video:

No-More-Box Brownies
2 cups white sugar
1 cup melted butter (don't substitute margarine)
4 eggs (preferably at room temperature)
Beat these three ingredients till fluffy and lighter in color.
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups flour
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla
handful (up to 1 cup) chocolate chips
handful (up to 1 cup) nuts, crushed
Mix and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (cake like) or 25 minutes (chewy). Other alternatives: 24 muffins (use silicone pan, not metal or metal with muffin papers); or two 8 x 8 pans






ORGANIC WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY FLOUR 

No comments:

Post a Comment